If you are experiencing excessive static electricity or shock from your unit. please follow the steps below.
- Use a rubber fitness mat under your unit to reduce the static that is generated from your carpet.
2. Dry Air:
- Use a humidifier if the unit is in a dry environment. Important: Place the humidifier in the room, but NOT next to the machine.
- Avoid nylon clothing to reduce static electricity.
- Use an anti-static spray on clothing and/or around the unit.
- Try a different pair of shoes. Ensure there is no metal in the soles of your shoes and that the rubber is not worn.
4. Grounding Issue:
- Verify the power cord is plugged into a 3-pronged outlet without adapters.
- Verify that the outlet is properly grounded. Contact a professional electrician to test the outlet with a digital voltmeter (such as Amprobe Socket Tester).