If the console is not lighting up, verify the following:
Does the red light on the ON/OFF switch light up?
NOTE: Some treadmill models do not have a switch that lights up. If this is the case, please proceed with the yes and no solutions below.
- Turn the power off, unplug the power cable and wait 60 seconds. Remove motor cover. Wait until all red LED lights have gone off on the motor control board before proceeding. Next verify that none of the wires connecting to the lower board are loose or disconnected.
- Double-check that all connections are secure, especially the console cable. Unplug and reconnect the console cable to verify.
- Make sure the console cable is not pinched or damaged in any way.
- Plug the treadmill in, turn the power switch on and look for any lit LEDs on the motor control board.
- Verify that the outlet the machine is plugged into is functional. Double-check that the breaker has not tripped, it is on a dedicated 15-amp circuit, it is not on a GFCI-equipped outlet, and it is not plugged into a power strip/surge protector or extension cord.
- Verify that the power cord is not pinched or damaged and is properly plugged into the outlet AND the machine.
- Verify that the power switch is turned to the ON position.