The BASIC OPERATION section in the owner's manual (attached at the end of this article) has instructions for your treadmill's console and programming and for the following:
- Location of the treadmill
- Using the Safety Key
- Folding the treadmill
- Moving the treadmill
- Leveling the treadmill
- Tensioning the running belt
- Centering the running belt
- Using the heart rate function
For a video with assembly instructions, please click here.
- Check to make sure no objects are placed on the belt that will hinder the movement of the treadmill.
- Plug in the power cord and turn the treadmill ON. (The ON/OFF switch is next to the power cord.)
- Stand on the side rails of the treadmill.
- Attach the safety key clip to part of your clothing making sure that it is secure and will not become detached during operation.
- Insert the safety key into the safety keyhole in the console.
- You have two options to start your workout:
A) Quick start up
Simply press the START key to begin working out.
Time, distance, and calories will all count up from zero. OR...
B) Select a workout OR TARGET
- Select your USER by turning the workout knob and then pressing when your desired USER is displayed.
- Select your WEIGHT by turning the workout knob and then pressing when your desired WEIGHT is displayed.
- Select your PROGRAM by turning the workout knob and then pressing when your desired PROGRAM is displayed.
- Adjust the SETTING by turning the workout knob and then pressing when your desired SETTING is displayed.
- Press START to begin.
To reset the console
Hold stop key for 3 seconds.
Finishing your workout
When your workout is complete, the unit will beep. Your workout information will stay displayed on the console for 30 seconds and then reset.
Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitoring
The 7.0AT is equipped with multi-channel Bluetooth which enables you to wirelessly connect compatible Bluetooth heart rate monitoring devices to this treadmill. You will need to ensure that your wireless heart rate monitoring device is Bluetooth 4.0 compatible and is also “open” to sharing data. Non-“open” or “closed” devices typically only share data with their proprietary apps. The 7.0AT needs an “open” device to receive data from the device. You may need to consult with your device’s owner’s manual or the manufacturer to confirm if it is an open device.
Pair the receiver to the app and the console will receive the information from the tablet. To use the Bluetooth chest strap without a tablet, press and hold the Bluetooth button to enable the console to communicate with the receiver. When paired with the chest strap the console will not pair with a tablet. To enable tablet communication press and hold the Bluetooth button for 5 seconds or reset power.
For a video on how to connect the Bluetooth heart rate chest strap, please see: 7.0AT Heart Rate Strap Pairing
Using Your Device
The 7.0AT treadmill will connect and stream music form your compatible music device. This includes many smart phones and traditional mp3 players.
Your 7.0AT comes equipped with Bluetooth speakers. Bluetooth compatible devices can stream music wirelessly from your device to the speakers. You can also connect your music device via an audio cable and stream music through the speakers. Instructions for both types of audio connection are detailed below.
Connecting Via Bluetooth 4.0LE
- Check to ensure that your music device is Bluetooth 4.0 compatible
- Go into your device’s Bluetooth settings and scan for devices (Do not press the Bluetooth key).
- On your music device, locate the Bluetooth device list. Select your treadmill or elliptical unit that appears on this list. Wait for your music device to finish pairing with the unit.
- You will know when pairing is successful when your music device shows the treadmill or elliptical unit as now being a paired device.
For a video on how to connect with Bluetooth, please see: 7.0AT Bluetooth Pairing
For a video on how to connect with Zwift, please see: 7.0AT Zwift App Pairing
When Unit is Powered Back On
If you turn your treadmill or elliptical unit off, or if it goes into sleep mode, the next time it is powered on the unit will look to pair with the last music device with which it was paired. It will automatically pair at this time.
Re-pairing Music Devices
In the event that the unit cannot find the last paired music device (for example, the music device is off or not being used) then the unit will stop looking to pair with the music device. If this happens, and if you wish to use your music device again, then you will need to go through the pairing process listed above and re-pair through your music device’s settings.
Using Multiple Devices
If multiple devices are being paired with the unit (i.e.: multiple users are using the treadmill or elliptical unit and pairing their music devices with it) then the unit will look to pair with the last device used and “forget” other devices. If you wish to re-pair a “forgotten” music device, then you will need to un-pair the current paired device and then re-pair your device through the pairing procedure noted above.
Connecting Via an Audio Cable
- Connect the included AUDIO ADAPTOR CABLE to the AUDIO IN JACK on the top right of the console and the headphone jack on your music device.
- Use your CD / MP3 player buttons to adjust song settings.
- Remove the AUDIO ADAPTOR CABLE when not in use.
- If you don’t want to use the SPEAKERS, you can plug your headphones into the AUDIO OUT JACK at the bottom of the console. This ensures that if you accidentally catch the headphone line while running, you won’t drop your device to the ground.