Resolution: Improper Grip
- You may be gripping the heart rate handlebars too tight. Try to maintain moderate pressure while holding onto the heart rate handlebars.
- Try gripping the heart rate handlebars over the top, with your thumb next to your index finger instead of gripping it with your thumb under the handlebars.
- Contact heart rate grips are not intended for continuous reading. Rather, try holding the grips for 10-20 seconds at a time for an accurate reading.
- Static electricity can damage the heart rate receiver and/or grips and can cause either an “HR” or no reading at all.
- Static electricity can damage the heart rate grip receiver and/or grips and cause either an “HR” or no reading at all.
- Remove the console and verify that the heart rate cables are attached properly, making sure that the cables are securely inserted into the console.
- Refer to the product manual that came with your machine or the service guide for more information on the heart rate function